Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fasting Friday #6

I wish I can say that fasting has become easier with practice. But alas, it would be a lie. While I'm emotionally more prepared for it now, I'm still physically not. Isn't that always the way though. God prepares you to do something and you go out and prepare yourself spiritually, mentally and emotionally. But when it comes down to it, the flesh is always there to keep you from it. In this case, it's the physical hunger that wants to be satiated. But it's so much more important to be full with the Spirit.

While I'm in the midst of it all, I don't feel like I've made much, if any, progress. But looking back on this Friday and past Fridays, I've realized that I have grown. I've become less whiney. I don't do the self pity thing anymore. And I've grown to not dread fasting days and everything that entails including making the kids' meals. 

It may not be a life change but I've found that God likes to work with me a little at a time. And slowly but surely, there is progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment