Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fasting Friday #9

This week was actually quite enjoyable. I've gotten a lot better at planning ahead and I'll make a larger meal on Thursday for dinner and just give the kids leftovers for lunch. Since the rest of the family gets up before me, Jason usually gives the kids something for an early breakfast and I'll make something more substantial when Jason kicks me out of bed. I make a lot of eggs and the whole family has come to love frittatas. It's a quick and easy breakfast to make.

Fasting on Friday has actually become a normal routine for the family which I'm thankful for. I really thank God for getting me through the first couple of months because they were rough. I'm hoping that from now on I can focus more on God during the fasting and not on how to make it through the day. I've learned a lot about myself and now it's time to see how God is going to show Himself to me through fasting! I'm so very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment