Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fasting Friday #3

This week we fasted on Thursday instead of Friday. We had a sleepover planned and decided to get our fasting out of the way. I appreciate the flexibility of what we are doing and that it isn't a hard and fast rule that Fridays are fasting days.

While I still have lots of room to grow in both my relationship with God and Jason. I am feeling like we are closer. I feel closer to Jason because we now have a common goal. It might not be life changing, but it's good to know that we are on the same page in at least one area of life. Now Jason and I agree on most things and we don't fight much. But it's comforting nonetheless.

As far as my relationship with God goes. It's nice to know that I'm doing something for Him. It's so easy for me to do something with the expectation of getting something back. But knowing that just by going out of my comfort zone in this one area of life is pleasing to God is a reward in itself. It gives me a deeper appreciation of all the wondrous things His done for me without expecting anything in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment