Friday, January 6, 2012

A new kind of pain

Jason and I started a new workout routine this week. Let me just say that it is HARD! It's called Max Capacity Training (maxcapacitytraining.com) and pretty much you work hard for 50 seconds on and 10 seconds rest. You do 4 sets of 4 exercises.  I knew that it would be rough but man, was it rough. I did take  some joy in seeing Jason having a hard time. A couple that sweats together,...well, sweats together. Jason and I recorded our scores of the workouts to track our progress. Here they are...

Me:
Day 1- squats- 26  push-ups-15  lunges- 20 plank bridge- 50 (I held one for all 50 secs.)
I was most proud of my push-ups because they weren't on my knees! Although they were on my knees after the first set.

Day 2- Elevated push-ups- 12  bird dog- 28  squat pulses- 35 (how long I could keep it up) superman- 40

Day 3- squat touch reach- 32  reverse lunges- 12  drop squats- 10  straight plank- 50

Jason:
Day 1- squats- 37  push-ups-37  lunges- 28 plank bridge- 50


Day 2- Elevated push-ups- 33  bird dog- 36  squat pulses- 40 superman- 50

Day 3- squat touch reach- 34  reverse lunges- 24  drop squats- 15  straight plank- 50

In review, the first set of exercises are the numbers that we recorded because things started getting pretty rough after that. Especially on Day 3 where both Jason and I were uttering lots of pain sounds. If you don't know what a pain sound is, just head to the gym or come on over and watch us workout. This is a great workout to do because it only takes about half an hour including warm up and cool down. But I would definitely do it with someone else to keep you going. I told Jason that if I wasn't doing it with him I would probably quit. That being said, I can already see results from doing my burpees and this workout. I can climb the stairs all the way up to my apartment (8th floor) without getting winded anymore, I have more energy and I can tell that my body is changing in a very good way. Next week I repeat the workouts above and hope that the numbers improve.



No comments:

Post a Comment