Saturday, December 31, 2011

The end of the year

As the year draws to a close, I look back and can't believe that 2011 is over already. This last year has been full of changes for us. Jason graduated with his BA from Colorado Christian University and we moved to Dallas so he could get his THM.

It was difficult to leave Denver, Jason and I are mountain lovers and it was hard to say good bye to the friends we had made. Dallas isn't a bad place to be, it's just a lot more flat! We went from having a view of the foothills to a view of the city. I know that some people like that, but Jason and I are more naturalistic. We want to see God's creation, large and small. Anyways, besides for the scenery and the CRAZY traffic, Dallas has been good to us. We have already made some good friends and the community we are in is wonderful, as I have already stated before. The kids have made friends and it's been a blessing to the whole family. I've also had the privilege of seeing the kids blossom socially. They will go up and talk the ears off of strangers whereas before they would've just hidden behind me. It's been hard being away from family and friends but we sure are enjoying the chance to make new ones!

But with life moving on we also experienced some losses. I don't know if it's because I'm older or if there are just a lot more deaths lately. I see how different people handle death and I'm so glad that I have the hope and joy that comes from Christ. I know that if I died, I would be somewhere better and that hope is definitely lacking in other religions. The one thing I've learned is to love a little more and to fight a little less. Because in the end, it's the relationships that count and not the amount of money in my bank account.  In 1 Corinthians 13:3, Paul states that "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." It all comes down to how we love on another. So let's spend 2012 loving each other more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment